We have a modern laboratory where we can perform geotechnical analyses on soil and rock samples.
Basic geotechnical laboratory
- Macro and micro petrographic test
- Casagrande shear box test
- Oedometric compression cells and automated data capture
- Oedometers suitable for permeability tests
- Equipment for: undisturbed samples extraction; preparation of natural and reconstituted samples, including their saturation
- Determination equipment of: particle composition, index properties, content of calcium carbonate and organic substances
- Triaxial shear test with independent load application systems, and confining pressure and hydraulic counter-pressure application systems.
- Triaxial cells equipped for permeability tests
- Vibrating table (frequency 50 Hz, displacement amplitude A = 0:56 mm) equipped with a hollow punch (D = 40.15 cm, H = 50.0 cm)
- Mobile concrete mixer (capacity 0.5 m3)
- Large oven (T = 105 ° C)
- Oleo dynamic press machine with piston advancement and applied load speed control, (measured with a load cell of 2000 kN)
- 300 kN oleo dynamic press machine driven by a constant flow rate axial pump regulated by high precision servo valve.
- Systems of axial and volumetric displacement, interstitial pressure and loads.
Rock mechanics laboratory
- Triaxial cells characterized by different values of the maximum cell pressure (from 10 to 70 MPa) and able to operate on a diameter samples between 5 and 10 cm and height between 10 and 20 cm.
- Different systems of pressure generation and control (up to 70 MPa)
- Maximum load application presses (loads between 100 and 500 kN)
- Large direct cut equipment 150 × 150 × 75 mm, with the possibility of applying axial loads up to 300 kN
- Analog and digital measurement systems of: displacements, interstitial pressures, volume changes, loads, temperature, etc.
- Regulating temperature and environmental humidity system.